How to measure a men’s overcoat
Tips- Guide to measuring a men’s overcoat
Lay the overcoat on a flat surface, preferably a table or ironing board.
Stretch the overcoat so it’s flat
Use a tape measure
Write down the measurements, tag size and material types.
- Chest- Measure from front of the overcoat, armpit seam to armpit seam- example- 25″
- Shoulders- measure from top shoulder seam to top shoulder seam.
- Length- flip the overcoat over. Start the measurement from the back center collar tag and go all the way down to the bottom hem of the overcoat.
- Sleeve Length A- Start from the back top collar tag and measure to the shoulder seam- Example- 10″
- Sleeve Length B- Start from the shoulder seam and go all the way down to the end of the sleeve. Example-25″
- Hem- Measure from the front of overcoat, side to side
- Waist-Measure across the front waist
- Sleeve- Measure from the farthest point of the sleeves.
- Arm- Measure from the front outside bicep to the front inside tricep.
- Forearm- Measure from the front outside forearm to the front inside forearm.
- Cuff- Measure from the widest inner wrist point to inner wrist point.
DONE! Now you know how to measure a overcoat for ebay listings. Now you can either type in the overcoat measurements into your Ebay posting OR USE SOMETHING MUCH BETTER!