How to measure a men’s jacket for ebay or other online sales platforms.
3 measurements are usually adequate for most types of clothing.
Chest, sleeve length and length are the most important to add to a jacket.
Lay the jacket on a flat surface, preferably a table or ironing board.
Stretch the jacket so it’s flat
Use a tape measure
Write down the measurements, tag size and material types.
Ebay Powerseller tip: If you sell clothing online, sign up for the free size chart generator
- Chest- Measure from front of the men’s jacket armpit seam to armpit seam- remember or write down the measurements- example- 23″
- Shoulders- measure from top shoulder seam to top shoulder seam.
- Length- flip the jacket over. Start the measurement from the back center collar tag and go all the way down to the bottom hem of the jacket.
- Sleeve Length A- Start from the back top collar tag and measure to the shoulder seam- Example- 10″
- Sleeve Length B- Start from the shoulder seam and go all the way down to the end of the sleeve. Example-25″
- Hem- Measure from the front jacket, side to side
- Waist-Measure across the front waist
- Sleeve- Measure from the farthest point of the sleeves.
- Arm- Measure from the front outside bicep to the front inside tricep.
- Forearm- Measure from the front outside forearm to the front inside forearm.
- Cuff- Measure from the widest inner wrist point to inner wrist point
Finished! Now you know how to measure a jacket for ebay listings. Now you can either type in the jacket measurements into your Ebay posting Size Gem size chart generator for FREE. You show your customers a visual size chart guide that will increase your ebay sales!